Master of Science in Geology
Education & Resume
•Associate in Science: William Rainey Harper College, Palatine, Illinois
•Associate in Applied Science, Animal Health Technology: Parkland College, Champaign, Illinois
•Bachelor of Science in Geology: Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, Illinois
•Master of Science in Geology, Concentration: Glacial Systems and Processes: Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, Illinois
• College: Currently attending Barrett’s Honors College at ASU (Arizona State University)
• Volunteered at Harper College Observatory, Palatine, IL – 1996-1998
• Weiss Fund Award for Undergraduate Research – 2000
• L. Austin Weeks Undergraduate Grant – 2000
• Certificate of Appreciation of Devoted and Invaluable Services rendered to Harper College Observatory – 1996
• Certificate of Appreciation for Outstanding and Dedicated Service, Astronomy, William Rainey Harper College – 1997
• Certified Professional Secretary – 1989; Private Pilot’s License – 1987
• I have tutored for 15 years.
Topics I specialize in tutoring:
• Physical science courses
• Math ( High school and College level )
Significant Mentor or Teacher that has impacted my life:
• One of my high school science teachers – he taught astronomy as well as a course in aviation, which was basically ground school for getting a private pilot’s license; he inspired my interest in astronomy, and to learn how to fly airplanes later in life and to get my private pilot’s license; also inspired me to pursue science in college
The key to being a good student:
• Good students first understand their unique learning style and what practices and strategies work best for them to learn the material being taught; second, they are able to apply their best-practice skills to actually doing the learning; third, is disciplined and diligent about putting in the time and effort that is required to do the required learning; understands that learning is more than memorizing; understands that learning is a two-way street – that the instructor can do only so much (guidance, explaining things in a variety of ways), but that the learning part is up to them; fourth, a student who comes prepared for class and is at least somewhat interested in the subject being taught.
• My favorite sport is Figure skating
• My favorite sport to watch is Football
• My favorite sports teams are Chicago Bears, Chicago Cubs
• any book that I can learn something from
Biggest Role Model:
• Jim Lovell (Apollo 8 and 13)
Favorite place to eat:
• Olive Garden
Five words to describe me:
• “You can not teach a person anything, you can only help them discover it within themselves” – Galileo
We live and breathe education, and we strive to create a better learning experience for our students.
We believe that in order for students to be empowered, it is vital that they are matched with the right person that can relate to them and their academic needs. We hope to match you to a tutor that you can empower and grow with.
It is important for you to know that as parents/guardians, your background, lifestyle and habits have an important role in your child’s behavior and motivations.
Need help? Contact us!
We would love to answer your questions and help you in your search for an outstanding tutor.
Address: Galvanize Tech Campus: 515 E Grant St, Phoenix, AZ 85004